• April 24th - Spring Choir Concert in Auditorium @ 7:00 pm

• April 24th - ACT Test for Juniors

• April 14th - ACT Test in Cafeteria @ 7:30 am

The Centralian

More Life – Album Review

Drake performs during the Summer Sixteen tour at United Center on Oct. 5, 2016, in Chicago. (Daniel DeSlover/imageSPACE/Sipa USA/TNS)

TNS

TNS

Matt Bates

On March 18th, 2017, the album titled More Life was released by recording artist known as Drake. This is the most recent album Drake has dropped since his last album, Views. More Life features artists such as Giggs, Young Thug, Quavo, Travis Scott, PartyNextDoor, 2 Chainz, and Kanye West across some of the 22 songs on the album. The album has been in works since 2016 and was very anticipated to be released December 2016, but due to Drake suffering an ankle injury on the Summer Sixteen Tour it was not released until this year.

A few songs that shine through the album more than some include “Passionfruit,” “Portland,” “Blem,” and the most infamous song from the album, “Fake Love.” More Life takes a lot of inspiration from Jamaican styled music and even Drake’s older music from albums such as Take Care and Views. More Life releases a relaxed yet excited and melancholic feeling throughout the entirety of it, such like his older music has before.

This album shows us how Drake is able to make music that allows his listeners to feel so many different feelings, as well as showing us how fast he can create new music for us to enjoy. This is definitely not his last piece of work either, Drake describes More Life as an in-between project before he releases any other major album. No publicity has been made on any other music being released soon, but it is expected a new album should be made within the 2017-18 years.