The Centralian

DIY Christmas Gifts!

Hot Cocoa Mason Jar

You will need:

• 1 Mason Jar
  • Hot Cocoa Mix
  • Mini Marshmallows
  • Decorative Ribbon (optional)

Start with filling your mason jar with the desired amount of hot cocoa.  Next, fill the remainder with mini marshmallows. Put the lid on, and add a decorative bow if you desire.  Don’t forget to add instructions on how to make the hot cocoa to the jar!

Beauty Gift Basket:

You will need:

• Basket of your choice
  • Any beauty related products that the person likes:  lotions, lip balms and scrubs, body butter, body wash, any makeup, etc.
  • Tissue Paper

Start with your basket and add some tissue paper.  Then, just start adding in products- biggest and bulkiest in the back and smallest in the front.  Lastly, add a bow or card if you desire.

Marbled Mug

You Will Need:

• Mugs (preferably white)
  • Nail Polish (stay away from quick dry!)
  • Toothpicks
  • An old container

Step 1: Fill your old container half way with hot water. The hotter the water the better! The heat will slow down the drying process of the nail polish

Step 2: Put the nail polish opening very close to the surface of the water, pour one or two drops of polish onto the surface. (The higher you hold the bottle in the air the more likely it will be to sink and that’s not what we want)

Step 3: Quickly grab your toothpick and start making swirls/designs with the polish. Get creative!

Step 4: When you get your desired design dip your mug into the nail polish. You can dip it wherever you want in your design so you get your desired look.

Step 5: Take the mug out of the water and set it upside down on a paper towel. The let it sit to dry, make sure the top is down.

Step 6(optional): You can then take nail polish remover to get rid of any polish that made its way onto the bottom of the mug. When the mug is dry you can seal it with some Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge so the marble effect can stay longer.

Glowing Photo Luminary

You Will Need:

• Round Glass Jars
  • Double sided tape
  • Tea lights/battery powered candles
  • Blank Vellum Sheets
  • Photo Printer

Step One: Print off your desired photos onto the vellum. (Horizontal pictures work best for this)

Step Two: Cut your photos to fit the dimensions of your jar. Grab the double sided tape and put it onto your glass jar. Secure the photo using the tape.

Step Three: Put the candles in the jar and watch your photos illuminate!