Choir and Band Students Excel at State

Sydney Huff, Staff Writer

Saturday will be a busy day for several CHS choir and band students. That is the day they will compete at State Music Contest. The students will arrive in Columbia, MO Friday night to prepare for Saturday’s contest.

In order to qualify for State, the students had to receive a One “Exemplary” rating at District Music Contest which took place on Saturday, March 7. Concert Band students including Michael Tucker (trumpet), Chance Inman (trumpet), and Tyler Joseph (trombone) each received  One “Exemplary” ratings .

“I feel very blessed that I get to go to State for the first time. It will be an exciting day and I’m looking forward to growing from the experience,” said Sophomore Josh Barton.

Three vocal soloists, Josh Barton, Tyler Joseph, and Sydney Huff, received One “Exemplary” ratings . There was also a mixed double quartet made up of Annie Agnew, Lauren Lewis, Legacy Huff, Sydney Huff, Garrett Sellers, Brett Wampler, Tyler Joseph, and Josh Barton qualifying for State with a One rating.   Two soloists received an Outstanding 2 rating which were Legacy Huff and Garrett Sellers. A women’s sextet also received a 2 rating with Grace Odell, Serina Crump, Karissa Obenauer, Raylyn White, Taylor Trolinger, and Tori Trolinger.