• November 12 - Veterans' Breakfast in Cafeteria

• October 27th - ACT in Cafeteria

• October 26th - First round of FB Districts @ Home vs. Fredericktown

The Centralian

Marching Band Back at it Again!!!

Hannah Sansoucie, Staff

This year the Marching Rebels are back and better than ever. The band has been preparing for their show, The Pursuit of Happiness, ever since band camp, which started ran from July 23 to  August 3. This group of students are very dedicated to making their marching season their best.

The show consists of four different songs from many different music genres. The four songs that are featured are “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “ New World Symphony,” “Beethoven Symphony 9,” and Coldplay’s song “Fix it.” Although, the songs are from four different genres, they go perfectly together to form the show for the Marching Rebels.

This year, many of the Marching Rebels are seniors. They will be able to go down memory lane from their freshman year with the song “Bohemian Rhapsody.” This song was their last song of their freshman year, and it is featured in their last song this year. Many of the seniors are sad about this being their last year in band, but at least they get to end it to the song that made them love marching band.

Not only do the seniors get to perform in certain competitions for their last time but they also get to go to a big marching band competition in Springfield Missouri in October. Although, this is a wonderful way for the seniors to remember band, all of the other students will get to make memories as well. They will all come together and put on a performance at Missouri State University. This a huge opportunity for the band and band director, Brad Glore. Missouri State University is where Mr. Glore went to college  to become the band director he is today.

The band is super excited about this upcoming season and would love to see the support by the students here at the high school. So, if you get the chance, go out and support the Marching Rebels on their journey this year! You can do this by going to a home game and watching them at half time, going to their competitions away, or even go to their own competition here at the high school on October 23.