The Centralian

The New iPhone X

Back to Article
Back to Article

The New iPhone X

Ivchenko, Alexandr.

Ivchenko, Alexandr. "Apple Logo Animation." Dribbble, 2017, https://dribbble.com/shots/3063795-Apple-Logo-Animation.

Kelton Dickinson, Editor

Technology is on the rise, and I feel like it will always be on the rise. Apple has recently released the iPhone X. This phone is the future of phones.

It is made of surgical‑grade stainless steel and is water and dust resistant. It is also the first Apple phone without a home button. Instead of a button, the screen fills the whole phone. The screen is a 5.8-inch Super Retina screen. Apple has stated that it is “the first OLED screen that rises to the standards of iPhone, with accurate, stunning colors, true blacks, high brightness, and a 1,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio.” Apple has also stated that the glass on the phone is the strongest glass on a smartphone–which is quite a big statement and puts a lot of pressure on their part.

Other features that this phone brings is face recognition. Your iPhone will be able to unlock your phone by detecting your face. Kind of creepy huh? Apple has come across saying that no matter how you change your appearance, makeup, hair, etc., the phone will always recognize you.

Next on the list of features is the cameras that have updated dramatically. A larger and faster 12MP sensor. A new color filter. Deeper pixels. And a new telephoto camera with OIS. Also new with the cameras is portrait lighting–where you can change the lighting of your photos to adjust with what kind of lighting you have. Both rear cameras have optical image stabilization and fast lenses for outstanding photos and videos even in low light, making it easier to capture a photo in the dark. Apple has also updated the zoom of the back camera. The wide-angle and telephoto cameras on iPhone X enable optical zoom, as well as the digital zoom of up to 10x for photos and 6x for videos. So Apple has really taken a bigger step with the cameras as well.

Every phone has an operating system, and so does the iPhone X, but this is a new type of operating system. Introducing A11 Bionic: the most powerful and smartest chip ever in a smartphone, with a neural engine that’s capable of up to 600 billion operations per second. The four efficiency cores in the all‑new CPU are up to 70 percent faster than A10 Fusion. The two performance cores are up to 25 percent faster. This makes this phone the fastest working iPhone ever. At ridiculous speed, your iPhone X should start up and load much faster.

Last but not least, the iPhone will now be able to be charged wireless. With the new glass back, Apple is able to introduce wireless charging. This phone is really impressive, and it was available for pre-order on October 27, 2017, and the release date is November 3, 2017.