The Centralian

“Textrovert” Book Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

“Textrovert” Book Review

Hannah Sansoucie, Assistant Editor

It’s bad enough when high-school senior Keeley grabs the wrong phone while leaving her small town’s end-of-summer fair. It’s even worse when she discovers that the phone she now has belongs to the obnoxious, self-centered Talon and that he’s just left for football camp … with her phone. Reluctantly, the two agree to forward messages for a week.

As Keeley gets to know Talon, she starts to like him. Keeley learns that there is more to Talon than the ignorant jock most people see. There’s more to Keeley, too. Texting Talon, she can step out of the shadow of her popular twin brother. Texting Talon, she can be the person she’s always wanted to be.

When she finds out some secrets her brother and Talon have been hiding, she soon feels like her whole life is crashing down. She feels like she has to choose between her brother and Talon. Although she knows what she wants she tries to find all of the truth in their lies. Will she finally find out the truth about the girl they shared? Will she choose between her brother and Talon? Find out what happens in Textroverts by Lindsey Summers.

Personally, my favorite part in the book would spoil the whole entire book for you so I am not going to tell you my favorite part. Instead, my second favorite part is when Keeley goes to visit her old friend at his college. If you are like me, you will have so many favorite parts of this book! Not only is the book amazing but the book was remade from a story on the app Wattpad. I highly recommend that you read both and see the differences!

Although, there were many times in this book that I wanted to chuck it across the room, it was one of the best books that I have read throughout my years of reading. This book will make you go through all of your emotions once you get to the climax of the story. I highly recommend this book to anyone that likes to read romance and to anyone that has read the book 99 days by Katie Cotugno.