• October 26"The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday."

• October 26"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." -Milton Berle

• October 26"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts." -Eleanor Roosevelt

The student news site of Central High School

The Centralian

Super Bowl LI Recap

TNS

Jake Barton

Super Bowl LI was one that will be remembered for a very long time. The highly-anticipated offensive matchup between the New England Patriots and Atlanta Falcons was the first Super Bowl in history that went into overtime! The Falcons started off with a strong and firm lead over the Patriots and led for most of the game; however, in the fourth quarter the Patriots rallied and sent the game to overtime. The Patriots used a wide array of formations and personnel groupings which gave them an edge over the Falcons late in the game as they were able to keep their offensive weapons fresh. In the end, James White would have the game winning rushing Touchdown in overtime to make the score 34-28.

Falcons fans should have nothing to feel ashamed about. This is only their second Super Bowl in franchise history and they were going up against a head coach in Bill Belichick that has coached in ten Super Bowls and Quarterback Tom Brady who has played in seven Super Bowls himself. The Falcons are a young team who have the potential to end up playing in another Super Bowl sometime soon if they keep to the formula they’ve been using for the past two seasons they will be just fine.

Many will wonder if Tom Brady is planning on retiring after winning this many Super Bowls and being 39 years of age, but it has been reported that he plans on playing for at least another three seasons and maybe even up to five more seasons! If that is the case I would assume the Patriots can expect at least one more Super Bowl in the next few years.

If you watched the Super Bowl this Sunday then you witnessed history. This will be one to remember for a long time to come as many predicted it would. Now the time comes where NFL teams must prepare for Free Agency, the Draft, and the offseason workouts that are going to be coming before too long. NFL fans can also expect to have fun watching the Spring League this year where the NFL has invited free agent players who feel they need a chance to prove their worth and show what skills they have. So be on the lookout for that as it may give you some fun games to watch in the offseason. Until then; however, the Patriots will be the Champions of the NFL. It will be interesting to see how they defend their title next year and even more interesting to see if the Falcons can bounce back from this devastating loss. That is the excitement that the NFL brings and it never disappoints the fans!