Job or Career?

Abi Gonzalez, Staff Writer

Trying to figure out what job you’re going to have for the rest of your life can be a pretty stressful thing. Whether you want a job that you’ll love or you want a job that makes a difference in the world or even if you want a job to make a lot of money, there are so many options. Most people want a job that will be all three. Here are five top  jobs that pay great money, truly make a difference, and may be a career path that you are interested in pursuing according to CNNMoney.com!

The first job is a neurosurgeon. A Neurosurgeon is a doctor who does surgery on the nervous system (especially the brain). Depending on where you live or where you choice to work, neurosurgeons make about $400,000 a year. To become this type of surgeon, it takes about four years to get your bachelor’s degree, then off to medical school for four years and then anywhere from six to eight years in residency after you finish medical school. In the end, this adds up to be 14 to 16 years! It may seem like a lot of school and a lot of hard work but in the end it will all pay off.

Then we have an airline pilot. An airline pilot is a person who flies an airplane for their profession. Depending on what airline you work for, they all pay different amounts. The average pilot makes about $200,000, and working for a major airline you could make up to $300,000 or more. To be able to get a job in doing this career it could take up to ten years of flying experience and schooling!

Next on the list are Orthodontists/Dentists. Orthodontists are dentists specializing in the prevention or correction of irregularities of the teeth. A regular dentist, on the other hand, is a professional who works with the teeth, gums, and mouth. On average most people who pursue this type of career make anywhere from $161,750 to $204,670 a year! To go to school for this it could take up to 6-8 years.

The next is a pharmacist. A pharmacist is a person licensed to prepare and dispense drugs and medicine. Most pharmacists in the United States make over $131,440. This job requires you to go through six years of college; most people go to through this schooling when they graduate high school. Then after you’ve graduated and received your state license, you are ready to pursue a career in this field.

Very last on the list is a chief executive officer. They are the corporate executives responsible for the operations of the firm, report to a board of directors, and may appoint other managers.  They generally get paid $260,000 a year or more. To be a chief executive officer you have to go to school to get your bachelors degree. At different companies they may require different amounts of schooling, but on average you need about 15 years of experience, which seem like a lot, but in the long run it will all pay off!

No matter what career you choose or what you want to do with the rest of your life, pick something you will want to wake up and do every day! The choice is yours, so make a good one! There are tons of jobs you could pursue, so there is one out there that is perfect just for you!