• November 12 - Veterans' Breakfast in Cafeteria

• October 27th - ACT in Cafeteria

• October 26th - First round of FB Districts @ Home vs. Fredericktown

The Centralian

About Mr. Daniels

Eternity Wertich, Staff

Mr. Pierce Daniels has been going to Central schools for basically his entire life. Now with a degree in teaching, he just can’t bare to part with us. Even though Mr. Daniels isn’t a stranger to the school, he is a stranger to us. Most of us  know very little about him. Keep reading to get to know more about the teacher we will have for years to come.

This is Mr. Daniels’ first teaching job. He graduated from college in only three years and is 21 years old. He won’t be turning 22 until February 21, 2019. It is unusual for a teacher to be so young, to graduate college in such a short time, and to find a teaching job immediately after graduation.

Speaking of graduation, Mr. Daniels graduated from Central in 2015. After he graduated he went to two different colleges. He first went to Lewis and Clark college where he got involved with playing basketball. Later on he moved to Missouri State University and graduated in 2018 with a Bachelor’s degree in English Education.

Going back a little before college, Mr. Daniels says the biggest change he has experienced since returning to Central is the paper to chromebook switch and his former teachers becoming his new co-workers. However, he still chose to work at Central because he knows the teacher/student relationship and wants to have the same impact on his students that his teachers had on him.

Mr. Daniels says he always wanted to be a teacher but some people helped shape his life leading up to now. His biggest influence is his dad, mainly because of the time they spent together. He admires his father’s work ethic as well as dedication to his family. Mr. Daniels also has a younger brother, named Parker Daniels. He is 12 years old and is currently in the 6th grade. His fiance, Briley, has also helped shape his life for the past six years that they have been together.

Mr. Daniels also shared some more personal facts like pet peeves, hobbies, etc. He says that some of his biggest pet peeves are people being one-track minded or not listening to others’ opinions. He also finds it annoying when people use the wrong their/there/they’re or your/you’re. Some of his hobbies include writing, basketball, and playing golf. He said he could definitely bond over golf with some teachers at the school. Mr. Daniels said when he dies he wants to be “known for spreading positivity and helping people reach their full potential.” Although he thinks he could also be known for being the biggest Lebron James fan.

Finally, Mr. Daniels shares what he likes most and least about being a teacher so far. He says he dislikes having to wake up so early considering he has never been much of a morning person. However, that seems worthwhile when he gets the satisfaction of seeing a student finally understand something they didn’t before.