Dr. Seuss: A Sage for All Ages

Kristin Wadlow, Staff Writer

No matter if you are two or 52,  you can enjoy reading and listening to the many books written the famous Dr. Seuss. Students in the Reader’s Theater group performed some of the Dr. Seuss stories for the students at Central Elementary in honor of Dr. Seuss Week.

Brandon Hedrick says, “Reader’s Theater is an… Interesting experience. Mr. Weiss can be tough as nails, or your best friend. Do your best, and everything will be perfect. This year has been fun and unnerving at the same time.”

Mr. Weiss and his Reader’s Theater group also performed a collaboration of Dr. Seuss stories at district competition. Stories like Yertle the Turtle, Gertrude McFuzz, The Big Brag, and Hooray for Diffendoofer Day had the kids laughing and giggling all throughout their performance. They actors moved around a lot while also using props for them to stand, sit, and even lay on.

Performers included Lesley Chatman, Madison Weiss, Sam DeBlois, Bethany Brown, Brandon Hedrick and Paige Koberman. They all enjoyed reading story after story and seeing the looks on all the kids’ faces. The story that the kids most enjoyed was Hooray for Diffendoofer Day. During the performance smiles could be seen on the children’s’  faces. They were pointing to their teachers saying that they were the best teachers.

Hearing all the strange things that the characters in the book were learning at school made them laugh. It was a fun and interesting experience for all ages. You are never too old for a good Dr. Seuss book!

Mr. Weiss and his Reader’s Theater group also performed a collaboration of Dr. Seuss stories at district competition.